COMMUNITY OUTREACH IN OUR LOCAL SCHOOLS
S&P ScoutReach Outdoor Classroom
S&P collaborated with HISD and ScoutReach, a BSA Sam Houston Area Council program, to create a unique initiative which provided 5th-grade students with an immersive experience in the construction industry, teaching skills such as architectural sketching, blueprint reading, safety protocols, measurements, project success planning and more. S&P is committed to creating a positive impact in our community. Through collaboration, support, and engagement, we can create meaningful and lasting change.
EDUCATION CENTER OF EXCELLENCE LEADER
As Satterfield & Pontikes’ Director of its Centers of Excellence, John provides company-wide guidance in market intelligence, client management, and community involvement. An acknowledged expert in education construction, he leads our Education portfolio, working collaboratively to deliver projects that meet client expectations. John holds a BBA from Boise State University. He is the current Chairman of the Board for the Houston AGC.
Education Construction Expertise
Education Construction Trends
- Balancing traditional and online learning environment needs
- Understanding campus facilities’ relationship on recruiting and retention
- Adapting school environments based on funding shifts to performance-based models
- New campus construction, additions and renovations
- Complex, multi-phased projects
- Construction on occupied campuses with minimal disruption to ongoing operations
- Over $600 million in Higher Education construction on 20+ campuses
- $3.8+ billion in K-12 construction projects
- Completed construction projects using Design-Build, CMAR, and CSP delivery